15 Questions to Ask Yourself
You may have already discovered many of your passions and get to spend much of your time enjoying things that bring you excitement and joy. That would be great, but most people aren’t there yet. If you want to truly enjoy a more peaceful life you need to discover and get connected with the activities, skills, and interests that ignite your passion.
It takes time, soul-searching, and lots of life experience to identify your true passions. These questions are designed to tap into your wants, needs, desires, and fantasies. Have fun with them and discover what you can add to your life that will fill it with delight.
- What’s the one thing I’ve always wanted to do if I had no limits? Consider what would need to happen in order for you to carry through with this long-sought wish. Make a plan and get started. Don’t hold back.
- If I could spend today doing whatever I desire, what would it be? Let your mind go. It could be something related to your work, your home, or simply something fun.
- Where do I really want to live? What city and what type of residence? Perhaps you’re already fulfilling this passion and you do live in your true first choice. If not, ponder the possibilities of moving to a place you’ll love.
- Where would I like to visit? Perhaps you’re harboring a secret yearning to visit Washington, D.C. or Westminster Abbey in London. The streets of Hong Kong may be calling your name or even the Grand Canyon. Pick at least three places. Can you make it happen?
- What do I talk about doing but never do it? In a conversation, you might state something like, “For the last 10 years, I’ve really wanted to take a cruise to the Caribbean.” What’s holding you back?
- What are the reasons I don’t go after my dreams? Explore within yourself why you haven’t pursued the life you want. Can you do something differently to help bring your dreams to life?
- How will I finish the sentence, “More than anything, before I die, I want to ___________?” Say it out loud and fill in the blank. Then, figure out a way to accomplish your wish. Remember, our tomorrows are never promised.
- What are the things in my life that I would like to get rid of? If you’re discovering you don’t love everything about your life, maybe it’s time to do some “housecleaning.” Make a list of the ways you’d like your life to change.
- Which people in my life inspire me and why? It’s important to know who inspires you so you can spend more time with them. What is it about them that lights you up so much? Decide to take every step to be inspired more often.
- If I were to make just one radical change in my life right now to make life better, what would it be? Your answer to this question will really open up your possibilities. Moving to a bigger city might really spice up your life. Getting more education might be a goal—plus you’ll likely make more money. You’ll feel more alive if you chase your dreams. Make one change.
- How do I feel when I put all my effort into accomplishing one of my goals? Notice these feelings. You’ll no doubt want to experience them more often. What is the next big goal on your list? Started making a plan today.
- How do I feel whenever I achieve a life goal? Awesome, probably. Wouldn’t you like to feel that more often?
- What’s missing from my life? Answering this question requires considerable soul-searching. Consider your physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Don’t be afraid of what you might find – it’s probably one of the most important questions you will ever answer.
- Who are my biggest supporters? It’s wise to know the people that will stand behind you and help you pursue your passions, no matter what. Be a supporter for them as well.
- Who gets in the way of me achieving my goals? In order to find your true passions, you might be required to disengage from those who wish to counteract your efforts. Remember it is okay to love some people from a distance.
If you take the time to thoroughly ponder each of these questions, you’ll be pleased with what you discover. Your true passions are inside you, just waiting to be let loose to bring you excitement, joy, and fulfillment. You just may be surprised how peaceful you feel inside when you know your true passions.
Find your purpose – find your joy!